New Italian Front board game

In case anybody is interested to see the Italian Front from a different perspective: GMT will release their new "No Retreat: Italian Front" probably in the first quarter of next year.

Great, grand strategic, board game series. For Italian Front the scale is 20km per hex, 1 month per turn and Division or Corps per counter. That makes for nice, quick, smooth flowing wargames with low unit density. In their East Front game they had just 70 units to cover the complete war.

As a goodie for us CMFI fans, a little "Invasion of Sicily" scenario is included.

Also for those who like them big and complex, War in the West is out also. I played the old DOS based version a lot and the new version so far looks very good. Managed to come to a draw as the Allies invading Sicily - introductory scenario to get the hang of the basics. That was my third time through - but first time to the finish since I realized partway through the first two times I had totally dorked things up.

Anyway - complex, big, and so far a lot of fun.