Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Upgrade Normandy or purchase Fortress Italy?

Hi all, I have had Battle for Normandy for a couple of years and am getting back into it. As per my title I am choosing between updating Normandy to either 2.0 or 3.0 and possibly getting Commonwealth forces or should I just get Fortress Italy?

Also is 3.0 worth getting?

Any comments/ thoughts welcome.

Also is 3.0 worth getting?

It sounds like you have the basic CMBN. The 2.0 and 3.0 upgrades are a HUGE improvement. Without the 3.0 upgrade, it will be harder to find pbem opponents. If you have NOT tried it against another human, well, you're missing a world of fun. (I've had 98% VERY positive experiences. The other 2%? They quit when they were losing. Probably grew up getting trophies in every game they ever went to. Shrug.)

I'd vote get 3.0, CW/MG/VP. Then jump in the pbem pool.

I'd also get CMFI/GL. :)

CMFI/GL brings a whole new flavor. You really should try it.

Christmas is right around the corner: put them on your list.

Good luck!

Does that help?

If you're pressed for cash, the upgrade will be the most cost-effective for you, since you will be able to play with and see all the latest goodies, in a base game you already have.

Newly addicted, you will then be unable to prevent yourself from getting the other games ;):P