The Scenario and Campaign Decompiler

I would like to use Mad Mike's ScAnCaDe tool to decompile some campaigns, and downloaded his latest version 1.7.

However, I cannot get it to run: I have installed the latest Java runtime (which I hardly trust any more, considering Oracle's effort to make you install additional stuff) on my Windows 7 machine, but double clicking on the jar doesn't produce anything, while using the command prompt to make java.exe execute the jar produces the error message: "cannot find <jar-name>-main class".

I know this is not a support forum for this tool, however I don't know where else to ask this, and I assume there are people over here who use the tool.

I just tried it my self - with success.

Double clicking did not work on my machine though - not sure why. But running from teh command line worked. Here is what I did: first I copied a few .btt files to the directory where I unzipped the CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1.7 files then I ran this command line:

C:\Users\ileslie\Dropbox\Downloads\Tools\ScenarioInfo>java -jar CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1.7.jar

That worked and produced the "Scenario_Listing.xml" file as expected.

I am running Java 8 but I do not see anything that requires that in the .jar file.

I just tried it my self - with success.

Double clicking did not work on my machine though - not sure why. But running from teh command line worked. Here is what I did: first I copied a few .btt files to the directory where I unzipped the CMx2_ScAn_CaDe_v1.7 files then I ran this command line:

That worked and produced the "Scenario_Listing.xml" file as expected.

I am running Java 8 but I do not see anything that requires that in the .jar file.

Ah, I will try that -jar option. It is over 10 years ago that I worked with java, and forgot what options to use. Java evidently expected my jar to be a main class, that is consistent with the error message.

Thanks.

However, I cannot get it to run: I have installed the latest Java runtime (which I hardly trust any more, considering Oracle's effort to make you install additional stuff) on my Windows 7 machine

Java hint : Control Panel - Java - Advanced properties - scroll down to last checkbox ( in french it's "supprimer les offres de parrainage" ~ "remove commercial offers ???" ) - check it.

No more f***ing Ask.com toolbar on next update. :P

• 1 year later...