CMRT Artilery Dilemma House rule

Lacroix

we usually play Attack/defense QBs with other rules that are limiting use of cannons and trps, but when it comes to artilery i am unsure which house rules to apply.

talking about small maps 500x500 or 1000x1000 in general, so small to medium. funds are small (considering doing some medium battles tho) so this applies kinda for small and medium battles, mostly for small ones (not tiny)

Should Pre battle artilery for attacker be allowed and which caliber ?

(rarity is set to standard/strict)

Same question for defender.

just, is it perhaps fair to give defender ability to use pre battle artilery inside his deployment zone(strictly) ?

Number of guns: should there be a limit and if yes, how many (which caliber)

i just cannot get the balanced house rules for this, at the moment we are playing every battle with 'no pre battle arty and maximum 1 arty(105mm max)

I allow first turn artillery for the attacker only, but allow only the defender to buy TRPs. As for caliber, I cut it off at 160mm. That allows for small to mid-caliber rockets, but otherwise keeps assets at division level and lower. But I also play large or huge QBs on much larger maps so 105mm may be more appropriate for you, or 122mm as that is roughly the Soviet equivalent.