Because it saw extremely little use.

This is what Wikipedia had to say about it (yes, yes, I know "don't trust wikipedia" bla bla bla):

"The MP 41 was not introduced as a service weapon with the German Army, but saw limited use with some SS and police units. They were also exported to Germany's ally, Romania. The MP 41's production run was brief, as Erma filed a successful patent infringement lawsuit against Schmeisser's employer, Haenel."

Which is interesting since I didn't know that they did patent infringement lawsuits during the war :/

I just wish they'd implement the MP 41® and MP717® as there are plenty of evidence that it was used by german troops on the front lines even in the west.

For the record, the MP41 is not the Erma. The Erma was developed from the Vollmer machine pistol designed during the 1920s. The mention in Wiki about the legal action is accurate for the MP 41 however, but once again, the MP 41 is not the MP Erma. The MP Erma had a magazine that fed from the side (Sten style) although it did have a wooden stock with a vertical foregrip. The MP 41 had a magazine that fed from the bottom ala the MP 40, although it had a wooden stock as well. There are at least 11 German made Maschinenpistole type weapons used by the German army during WW2

MP18/1

MP 28/11

MP 34/1

MP 35/1

MP Erma

MP 38

MP 38/40

MP 40

MP 40/11

MP 41

MP 3008

edited to add that I'm not sure where I read Erma in the post above. I must have been hallucinating or something.

For the record, the MP41 is not the Erma. The Erma was developed from the Vollmer machine pistol designed during the 1920s. The mention in Wiki about the legal action is accurate for the MP 41 however, but once again, the MP 41 is not the MP Erma. The MP Erma had a magazine that fed from the side (Sten style) although it did have a wooden stock with a vertical foregrip. The MP 41 had a magazine that fed from the bottom ala the MP 40, although it had a wooden stock as well. There are at least 11 German made Maschinenpistole type weapons used by the German army during WW2

MP18/1

MP 28/11

MP 34/1

MP 35/1

MP Erma

MP 38

MP 38/40

MP 40

MP 40/11

MP 41

MP 3008

edited to add that I'm not sure where I read Erma in the post above. I must have been hallucinating or something.

You read it here: "The MP 41's production run was brief, as Erma filed a successful patent infringement lawsuit against Schmeisser's employer, Haenel."

And this would be the Erma referred to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erma_Werke

Now, please calm down your inner grognard and enjoy a glass of whiskey or something else because that tirade was pretty unnecessary :D

This is what Wikipedia had to say about it (yes, yes, I know "don't trust wikipedia" bla bla bla):

"The MP 41 was not introduced as a service weapon with the German Army, but saw limited use with some SS and police units. They were also exported to Germany's ally, Romania. The MP 41's production run was brief, as Erma filed a successful patent infringement lawsuit against Schmeisser's employer, Haenel."

Which is interesting since I didn't know that they did patent infringement lawsuits during the war :/

I just wish they'd implement the MP 41® and MP717® as there are plenty of evidence that it was used by german troops on the front lines even in the west.

I would still rather just see a mp41 lol Im sure they were used. I have read there only like 7,000 FG-42s made between both variants and there were around 26,000 mp41s made and if they were used by the SS shouldnt the SS in CMBN have some? Or did the SS stop using them?

They were basically relegated to the same type of units that used the MP18/28.

So yeah, they might have seen combat use here and there but very rarely and mostly against partisans or even civilians.

I guess that at the end of the war though, in situations like the battle of berlin, they might very well have been used.