Updated to 3.0, but did I update?

I installed the 3.0 Updates for both CMBN & CMFI. The installs went well and activation was successful.

However, when I launch the programs, I still see CMBN v2.20 and CMFI v1.20.

Since Battlefront is notorious for releasing patches that freak out Norton 360, I thought that Norton may have stopped the update, but checking Norton's History I don't see any files that were not allowed to proceed.

Does the 3.0 install not change the version #'s at the bottom of the startup screen? Any help appreciated.

BTW, I installed from the CDs, not any download installer.

The version numbering might seem weird but you did indeed upgrade successfully.

Thanks guys. Increased work is not leaving much time for boardgaming, so I figured I'd try these again when I had a hour here and there to play around, and figure out why I couldn't get anywhere as far in it as the original CM games.

Thanks guys. Increased work is not leaving much time for boardgaming, so I figured I'd try these again when I had a hour here and there to play around, and figure out why I couldn't get anywhere as far in it as the original CM games.

It's a different game to the CMx1 incarnations. The one-to-one modelling of infantry, especially, renders CMx1 assumptions obsolete: CMx1 squads always chuck out their rated firepower, whereas x2 infantry only fire the weapons that can bear, for example. The smaller terrain tiles mean that what's between the target's Action Spot and the observer is more important than the nature of the AS the target is in. Trees are trees, and block what sight lines they block; just being under some trees might give you no cover or concealment at all if the ground beneath is bare dirt or mown sward.

That's just a few differences that people stumble over...