sound mods

Can anyone tell me which is the best sound mod for RT in the repository

Its a matter of personal preference honestly, download some of them and mix and match with other mods to find out which sounds you like the best. For example, an MG42 sound in one mod may not strike me as one in another so I just swap it out for the other one.

MINE!

MINE IS THE BEST ONE!

:P

Seriously tho, Raptor is right.

Try them all out (it's pretty easy the way CM handles mods) and decide for yourself.

Usually I say that if you want the hollywood "OMG this is WAR" type experience, go for Waclaws HQ mod. My mod is more tailored to make it easier to distinguish different weapons from their sound and still have them sound cool.

I'm making a small arms comparison video too right now.

I'll upload it soon.

I might actually make a version of my mod using some of Waclaws' small arms sounds because there's quite a few I like, but they don't mesh well with my sounds (in my opinion), so unless he has enough sounds to fill up the entire spectrum of weapons for me, I'll have to look for more sounds to flesh out such a mod.

Oh and another thing that's pretty important when you pick your mod, is the system you play on.

Waclaws' mod is pretty heavy on the system. So if you feel that the game slows down or stutters a bit (easily checked by looking away from the map and listening to a machinegun firing, if you notice that it seems to fire faster if you look away, it's slowing you down), then my soundmod is probably the safest bet as my sounds are shorter and use the built-in shot-trail system to add echo/reverb to the sounds.

And even that is too much, you might want to consider my Lightweight soundmod that uses only the original game sounds, but sorts them by caliber instead of nation/weapon type (so you can more easily distinguish weapons from eachother)