Mac sound file question

Mord

Been meaning to ask this for a long while but life got in the way.

I have been meaning to do Mac versions of my sound mods for a while now. As far as I know my sound mods won't work on a Mac because the properties are different. So, what are the Mac wav properties listed at?

Mord.

Hey Mord.

I enjoyed your CMSF sound mods in "bootcamp" w/o any issues.

I will try to dig up the notes I have and respond soon.

Heading to the country for a few weeks tomorrow.

Ironic.... (but not whining) ;)

CMBN / CMFI V3.0 Upgrade will be "Very Very soon…." and satellite internet in country is "Very Very slow …." :)

Seems like every Battlefront release requires me to be in country :D

Here you go Mord,

Way back from 02/13.

CMSF PC mod sound files appear to be in the same format as the stock Version 110.brz files. Sample Rate: 44,100 - Bits per sample: 16 - Audio channels: 2

See this thread.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=110426&highlight=sample+rate

.... convert old voice mods from 44,1 KHz vs. 48,0 KHz sample rate?

----

Per waclaw "try changing to mono, the game uses only ambient sounds in stereo."

----

Buzz used iTunes conversion on "Mord's Vocal Mayhem Mod BASE" files. Converted voice mod to 48,000 kHz,16-bit, but MONO and it worked in Mac CMSF! Conversion worked on Mord's US AFV Radio Chatter as well.

*Not every file but most*

Next up Mord_& George_MCs_Cuss_Mod_Brits.

This did not work so well.

CMSF MAC sound file formats may have a very specific file format that needs to be used.... but exactly what it is :confused:

So, it's just a matter of changing to 48,000 Khz? I wonder why some wouldn't work? If one wav plays they all should, unless they got damaged. Thanks Buzz. That'll give me something to chew on. There's no way for Mac guys to explode a base game brz is there?

Here...for the trip. Good luck.

Mord.

So, it's just a matter of changing to 48,000 Khz? I wonder why some wouldn't work? If one wav plays they all should, unless they got damaged. Thanks Buzz. That'll give me something to chew on. There's no way for Mac guys to explode a base game brz is there?

Here...for the trip. Good luck.

Mord.

In country. Slow satellite when weather is good. No satellite when weather gets real :) Power just went out X 2 writing this ... but I have that covered contingency covered;)

I knew going "In Country" would bring about CMBN / CMFI 3.0 PC upgrades. Consider it my community contribution ;)

As for the 3.0 Mac upgrades I may have to wait till work is done here I get back to cable to upgrade.... but keep posting.

Great CMBS bones ChrisND. Night vision goggles... Now we are talking Modern!

Yes, Changing sound files to 48,000 Khz mono work on many but not all. I tried to rul out the "damage" part by downloading the package again and had the same results. All this was 1.5 years ago so I don't remember all the mods I tried but I was trying to get your vocal mods / radio chatter to work in CMSF Mac.

Per waclaw "try changing to mono, the game uses only ambient sounds in stereo."

I don't have the correspondence with others re: CMSF MAC sound file formats. I am not sure there is an "official" guide on the specific file format that CMSF Mac needs.

Mac guys can explode a base game brz in boot camp.

"Here...for the trip. Good luck."

Thanks Mord. Can't DL video out here... but Arthur and I did "fire up" .. to celebrate 3.0 PC upgrades :D