Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Stugs Hull down but they still die very quickly

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Remember though, stugs are very lightly armored they just weren't designed in the tank vs tank role, so yea they made ok tanks in a pinch but overall they were supposed to be assault guns.

Guest GriffinCheng

I think it may have been discussed before but I want to know if the randomness is add during each "shot" resolution? Let's say in this case my STuG goes hull-down and get killed by a Sherman in the first shot. Can I just reload the previous save and in a hope the Sherman will miss next time? I believe it is a kinda *big cheat* but it is my curiousity working here.

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

won't work in a pbem match because the computer making the calculations of the turn doesn't let that player see the turn.

In a offline game just between you and the AI sure it'd work, in fact did this to experiment with the "ricochet" question about whether a ricochet could kill a different vehicle after the ricochet. My conclusion after about 100 tries on last defense with the tiger being the target and spw's surrounding the front of it is that its so unlikely don't worry about it. But i digress, sure it'd work, just like in any game you save so if things don't go right, you can go back.

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I don't want to spend 1 hour to plan next move. Real commander did not had this luxury either...

Please don't try to defend CM. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Killmore, when I see something like this I *have* to respond smile.gif I have nothing against RT (in fact I like it), but it isn't realistic for a game of CM's scope.

GriffinCheng, this does work for a solo game. Nothing we can do about that. However, it doesn't work in PBEM or network play.

Steve

Guest GriffinCheng

>GriffinCheng, this does work for a solo

>game. Nothing we can do about that. However,

>it doesn't work in PBEM or network play.

BTS, it is understood. I do save/reload uncountable number of times in FPS games. It is a *game* after all. Rest assure: no complaint about that. Moreover, it is where PEBM play shines :)