Radio & C2 Observations

During a PBEM game I noticed my Russian recon platoon was out of C2 with the regimental HQ. The recon platoon consisted of three BA-64Bs and was part of the original TOE (Russian 1944 regular army, Tank Regiment (mechanized)). The battle was on a huge map with mostly open rolling terrain (Map ATK 031, 2480x2224 meters, open, rural). I noticed this C2 issue in the first 14 minutes of the battle while all the vehicles, including the regimental HQ tank, still had no damage and were not suppressed. They all had working radios.

At first I thought the recon platoon HQ BA-64B might be out of range of the regimental HQ tank at approximately 2000 meters. However a BA-64B, subordinate the recon platoon HQ, was only 925 meters away from platoon HQ was also out of C2. The BA-64Bs have working radios (green indicator). Has anyone experienced this? Maybe I have my recon vehicles spread out to much on this huge map?

Infantry radios are often off-net when moving, and sometimes even when static. I haven't noticed any Western front vehicle radios failing, but perhaps the quality of Russian sets was lower and more difficult to keep on net. Or maybe all vehicle radios drop in and out and I've just not noticed it.