Kampfgruppe Engel - Third Mission, wrecked by patch?

Playing this campaign again and when I started the third mission (Tiger poaching) it looks like there are units near the tiger that have bazooka's that now shoot at it from the moment the scenario starts.

Inevitably the tiger is immobilised before I get anywhere near it.

Restarted the mission for the same result. It now looks impossible to even sprint to the tiger before it is wrecked yet alone fight you way there.

I am assuming that there are units in the building that now feel happy about firing bazooka's from indoors.

Playing this campaign again and when I started the third mission (Tiger poaching) it looks like there are units near the tiger that have bazooka's that now shoot at it from the moment the scenario starts.

Inevitably the tiger is immobilised before I get anywhere near it.

Restarted the mission for the same result. It now looks impossible to even sprint to the tiger before it is wrecked yet alone fight you way there.

I am assuming that there are units in the building that now feel happy about firing bazooka's from indoors.

I don't think it's the MG changes. The zook team that immobilised the Tiger in my run-through of this was just in the hedge. I think it's a change somewhere along the line that gives that platoon a zook when it wouldn't have had one at scenario-inception. Every time I've tried the scenario, the KT is "Immobilised" within 90s: there is no practicable way to save it. You can drop HE or smoke in a pre-planned barrage, but given how quickly the Choob Guy does his dirty work, you have to get impossibly lucky and have the first smoke round drop directly between the shooter and the tank, or a very early HE round neutralise the zook.

You still have to fight the retreat though; just quitting the field and ceasefiring gives you a small loss which means you lose the "first act", and there are consequences. Whether you can change that with the forces you've managed to preserve through missions 1 and 2, without the help of another (the Panther, if you've still got it running) invulnerable insta-gib weapon, I have yet to determine.

You get the tiger back fully repaired next mission regardless. This is more for the scenario designer because part of the fun (point?) of this scenario is retrieving the tiger which now seems impossible.

I have played the campaign previously so I know I get it back in mission 4.

But can you imagine a new player getting excited about playing with the king tiger just to see it whacked. Then as they didn't retrieve it on outwards appearances it looks lost to the Kampfgruppe for subsequent missions.

You get the tiger back fully repaired next mission regardless. This is more for the scenario designer because part of the fun (point?) of this scenario is retrieving the tiger which now seems impossible.

It's also there to help with the fighting withdrawal... if a player has suffered armour losses earlier, that makes a big difference. I still had my 3 medium tanks, but the Panther was on its last box of "tracks" and not at all likely to be able to continue moving for long...

It's also there to help with the fighting withdrawal... if a player has suffered armour losses earlier, that makes a big difference. I still had my 3 medium tanks, but the Panther was on its last box of "tracks" and not at all likely to be able to continue moving for long...

Which is the whole point of my post. Something is now wrong with the third mission of a campaign that ships with the game.