grease gun missing?

so, i've been playing some quick battles in normandy recently, and by chance noticed their was a lack of M3 grease guns among my pixeltrupen. i wondered if they were even in the game, i assume they are because the M3 is in the manual. I then went about on a task to find some, i played around with different equipment quality settings in the editor, tried all sorts of units, infantry squads, crew served weapons and tank crews. in all cases they seemed to be armed with the M1 thompson. now maybe its a rare weapon? but it cant be more rare than the Fg-42 can it? and i see pixel Fallschirmjäger armed with those all the time? was there a patch mistake or do i have a bad install? has any body else noticed this?

Not a grease gun grog so I don't know how wide spread they were used instead of the Tommy Gun but pretty sure it's only select tank/vehicle crews.

Good question... were they used at some capacity across infantry formations? Sort of like the M1 Carbine instead of a Garand?