Arty denied in "Assault" mission?

well briefing says, battalion commander many coordinate some arty, well battalion commander and arty arives as reinforcements, but the gun is denied to the battalion commander and every other HQ on map? i cant see a FO in this mission.

is this a bug oder do i overlook something?

ah i see, iam not through the mission yet, but its something like 30 turns left and no FO in sight, the locations where the TRP´s are(hill 400), are clear from enemy, and i would need to move the FO at least 800 meters to an likely observation point.

as far as i see it, when the FO arives its to late for the big gun. at least in my game i play now. maybe FO arival is random? but good to know there "is" an FO.

I don't recall that the FO arrives very late. Again, IIRC, he arrives with the battalion commander and is in a jeep.

It's possible ( I think ) that he may be driving the jeep himself - if you can see a jeep, try taking a close look at the occupants.

just LOL, its very well possible he drives the jeep. the jeeps got 1 driver and i did not look up the driver, i thought hes a dedicated driver.

i seems the FO was here on time but he sat in the jeep as driver *facepalm*, my bad.

i seems the FO was here on time but he sat in the jeep as driver *facepalm*, my bad.

LOL that is a common *facepalm* moment for me too. It is one of those quirks of the game that if a unit is driving a vehicle it does not get its own passenger icon any more. I get why, makes implementation sense, it is just confusing at times.