Hidden hull turret

Bil in your instructions you say that both partial and full hull down "are acceptable" which suggests that they are equal.

Vanir was testing the hull down positions extensively in the latest engine version of CMBN and AFAIR he found some differences between full and partial hull down.

There was also some tweaking done to hull down in v. 3.0 according to Steve.

Does anybody know what are currently (v3.0) the differences between full and partial hull down (regarding spotting, chances of being spotted and being hit)?

Bil in your instructions you say that both partial and full hull down "are acceptable" which suggests that they are equal.

Vanir was testing the hull down positions extensively in the latest engine version of CMBN and AFAIR he found some differences between full and partial hull down.

There was also some tweaking done to hull down in v. 3.0 according to Steve.

Does anybody know what are currently (v3.0) the differences between full and partial hull down (regarding spotting, chances of being spotted and being hit)?

Often it is impossible to plot in to a perfect hull down position, that is why I said partial was sufficient, but of course full hull down is preferable.

I believe the 3.0 improvements have mostly fixed a bug or two that effected spotting a hull down tank.

Following the directions on that page will still work in the game, and you want to have your tanks hull down.

Bil

I just tried the method described in Bil's website, and it doesn't seem to work, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I thought that I should plot my waypoints, and then if I selected the last waypoint and then a targetting command, I would see the LOS from that last waypoint?

When I tried this in CMRT, instead I got LOS from the tank's current (ie, initial) position rather than from the final waypoint.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I misunderstand something?

I just tried the method described in Bil's website, and it doesn't seem to work, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I thought that I should plot my waypoints, and then if I selected the last waypoint and then a targetting command, I would see the LOS from that last waypoint?

When I tried this in CMRT, instead I got LOS from the tank's current (ie, initial) position rather than from the final waypoint.

Am I doing something wrong, or did I misunderstand something?

Don't worry it is a known bug. The line plots from the tank's position, but in fact it shows LOS from the last waypoint. So it is working properly.