Triggers

Will triggers do things like allowing reinforcements to enter the game?

Somethink like: If you get near the edge of a map could a reinforcement appear on the edge of the map. It would represent the neighboring (off map) battalion released a company to come to assist ? And this could be either the attacker or defender sends help.

This whole trigger thingy could make for some very exciting and complex battles.

I'm pretty sure that BFC has nixed triggering reinforcements from map triggers in this iteration of the feature. It's important to remember that they're not branching options. They simply control when/whether a Group moves on to the next step in its orders, and can override (or be overriden) by the usual timer. Reinforcements are not part of the sequence of a Group's progress through the game, AIUI, they're a separate timeline, though they will join a group once they're on-map. I reckon I've been guilty of forgetting this (current - BFC have, I believe, said they have intentions to improve the system in future releases) limitation when I've been frothing about how triggers will help the AI become more of a challenge.