What ever happend to...

gerzald

I sent the friend request, does not look his page has had any activity for the past two years.

He would be 73 now.

I am interested in him because back in the late 70's I stopped by the hobby house and was looking at some games, especially one called Africa Corps. I had not seen a military game before. I opened the box and there was a map with hexagons on it! And counters with military symbols! I bought the game a had my little brother play with me. I still remember opening that box, vividly today.

Bit of a mystery how a game designer who won wargame game of the year and had some follow up hits could not have a Wikipedia page, have no web presence at all, no articles, interviews, nothing! Going to follow some more leads, perhaps Fire and Movement has something.

I am interested in him because back in the late 70's I stopped by the hobby house and was looking at some games, especially one called Africa Corps. I had not seen a military game before. I opened the box and there was a map with hexagons on it! And counters with military symbols! I bought the game a had my little brother play with me. I still remember opening that box, vividly today.

Ha! Jedko's 'Afrika Korps' was my first game too, I got it for Christmas in ... 1981 or 82? It was closely followed by their 'Fortress Europa'. FE got thrashed so hard that I had to make some replacement units. As I recall, 12th SS PzDiv was one that was especially hard hit in terms of wear and tear. I'm pretty sure I still have them around, somewhere.