Disabled And Abandoned Soviet Tanks

Disabled And Abandoned Soviet Tanks

12 Posted on July 5, 2012 by team on ENGLISH-RUSSIA

Not a link, but should be easy to find. This may be one of the best collections out there of franged Russian armor, all the way up through the IS-2. Mostly B&W, but a few color. Excellent looks at various types of projectile damage and other means (no, not him!) as well. Excellent diorama possibility from a pic of an 88 apparently overrun and crunched by a now dead KV-1. Russian-built halftrack with quad Maxim. Lend Lease tanks from colorfully marked Stuart, up through Valentine and Matilda II. How about dead Stuarts with a dead (deturreted) Grant in the same image? Some highly unusual AFVs as well, plus a sieved T-50.

Regards,

John Kettler

Oddball_E8,

Yes, there is prohibition concerning posting commercial links, and I got dinged because of it. Not alone. There's a thread over on GDF regarding the current situation and the apparent disconnects between the rigid way Moon stated the rule and what's happening. Meanwhile, there's a Part II.

Disabled And Abandoned Soviet Tanks, Part II

21 Posted on July 9, 2012 by team

Regards,

John Kettler

Oh ok, I didn't know about that (and I certainly didn't consider posting something like this as "posting a commercial link").

Like I said, just curious.

I've never had a problem posting a link as long as it was not an explicit commercial link. Got dinged once, it was an obvious issue I just didn't think about. Have never had an issue since.

• 2 months later...

Here's a list (mit pics) whose loss at the Russian Battlefield following an awful server crash made me sad. This is a catalog of shattered, burned and exploded Russian armor going back to the start of the war. "Making my Wayback."

https://web.archive.org/web/20080417091455/http://www.battlefield.ru/content/view/203/104/lang,en/

Regards,

John Kettler