Bought CMBN big bundle - game says I don't have Commonwealth

I just bought and installed the big bundle. I installed everything following the installation steps in the provided readme.

Now, when I go into the game, I am unable to play any of the Commonwealth battles or campaigns. It says I need the Commonwealth module to play them.

What did I do wrong? How do I activate it? Also, the game did not ask me to activate anything. I ran the game for teh first time, and it just worked, except for the Commonwealth stuff.

Thanks!

Ok, I got it working. It turns out Norton was deleting the Commonwealth.exe file, with a false positive. Stupid Norton. So, I excluded it, reinstalled, and all is well.

Jeez, if it's that hard to just install the damn game, I can't imagine how the learning process will be! Hahaha

That's exactly what I was warning about regarding Norton. That's what happens.

Oh, and CW 18 Platoon is a nice starter scenario for the CW module. For the Amis--Platoon Patrol.

Try to bump up to the Elite difficulty setting as soon as you can. Fog of War is a big part of the game and lesser settings reduce it. Elite doesn't make the enemy any smarter.

Oh, and here's one must-have mod:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1099

After (and only after!) all your installations and patching are complete, create a folder called "Z" in your Data folder and place the unzipped mod file in that. It is a much nicer flame effect than the stock one.

Enjoy!

Jeez, if it's that hard to just install the damn game, I can't imagine how the learning process will be! Hahaha

Buy five pounds of coffee, roll up your sleeves, and prepare to spend the next couple of years learning all the nuances (or at least most of them) of the game. The good news is that once you are past the initial bewilderment, the process of learning as you play is so rewarding that you probably won't even regard it as work. And when you finally get a carefully crafted plan to work, you'll want to get up and dance.

Michael

Play a tiny battle. After you lose, play it again. And again, and again. After the first few times, try to do better. Increase the difficulty. If you're not playing "iron" you're just not tryin'. ;)

Don't "waste" all the battles to your learning curve. Practice the first few ones, repeatedly, before going on to bigger and better things. (Some of the tiny battles are still my favorites.)

Enjoy!

Ken

Don't "waste" all the battles to your learning curve. Practice the first few ones, repeatedly, before going on to bigger and better things. (Some of the tiny battles are still my favorites.)

For some reason I have a great fondness for the TF Raffe campaign's first battle and must have played it half a dozen times by now. Equally, for some reason I don't find the other two battles all that interesting.

Michael

<snipped>

Oh, and here's one must-have mod:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1099

After (and only after!) all your installations and patching are complete, create a folder called "Z" in your Data folder and place the unzipped mod file in that. It is a much nicer flame effect than the stock one.

Enjoy!

+1 on Vein's Flames from me too.