Hey guys, I have searched the rules on "acquire" but I have a situation here in a PBEM game that I was hoping someone could help me with.

One of my mortar teams was destroyed by arty but the mortar and its ammo are still usable. I have another mortar team across the map who will need more rounds soon. If I moved that team over to the destroyed team, can I use "acquire" to pick up the rounds? Or would this happen just by moving over the destroyed crew (redistribution?)? Or will nothing happen?

Thanks

I think the command Acquire is only for picking ammo inside a vehicle

If you move your mortar team over your destroyed team they should do the buddy aid and get back the mortar rounds

That is, assuming that whatever made the deceased mortar crew attain that state is no longer able to influence that location... Otherwise your live-but-empty crew could just get shot themselves.