Armor Thickness and Gun Penetration

Where do I find these in the menus? When I bring up an individual tank I can find the gun in the reports section - but nothing on the actual armor penetration at various ranges - nor can I find what the armor thickness of the tank is. In the defense report there is a generic report - but I was looking for actual numbers. Am I missing something?

Thanks

There isn't any listed ( unlike in CMx1 ). You basically have to use your own knowledge over the years of gaming or reading books.

The game is trying to simulate what you might know as a Commander at that time, and not what has been gained years later after the war.

Joe

This is from a a Technical Manual dated March 15, 1945 (and says this is material based on information available up to February 15 1945)

The manual is TM-E 30-451

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/cgsc/carl/wwIItms/

for example from page VII-82 dealing with the armor of Pz V model G

Armor,

Front glacis plate 80 mm at 55°.*

Front nose plate 60 mm at 35°.

Rear plate

40 mm at 30”. (undercut)

Hull sides 40 mm vertical.

Superstructure sides. .50 mm at 30°.

Turret front 110 mm at 10°

Turret sides 45 mm at 25 °

Turret rear 45 mm at 28°

There are pretty detailed descriptions of all the tanks - and the with the AT guns they do have some penetration info - i.e. will penetrate 56mm at 30 degrees at a 1,000 yards - and they do have specific muzzle velocity...

There is a Mod out there for both Games CMBN and CMFI in the Repository.

They are very usefull. Try them out. I use them aswell. I prefer the XC Version. There is a short manual with it that help you config it. Its easy and absolutly worth it!

Here is the Link for CMFI

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2394