good points

- The Serbian Typhus epidemic should indeed have a remarkeble effect on their troops. At the moment i can't see any effect when the event triggers. Maybe you could modell it similar to the russian winter event in SOE, random casualities (1 - 3 steps maybe) to the units including the HQ, which would automatically even lover the readiness and moral of the serbian troops like in reality.

- The shell shortage effected more ore less every nation in the beginning of the war. Here I don't really have a good idea how to modell it. MPP-Penalties would not be the right way i think (at least not as only effect). Maybe a malus on readiness for every combat unit as long, as the shell shortage holds on???

Furchtlosundtrew

Hi

The typhus events do affect unit morale. Looking at the scripts it could be made more punishing than it is, but as it was a late entrant to the game I didn't want to take it too far. I think I'll increase it a bit though.

The shell shortage is played out in a different way, as it's simply represented by the low level of production early in the game, and failure to research it will mean that your attacks will have significantly less artillery support than might have been wished for.

The problem with shell production in 1915 was that although sufficient shells could be provided to launch attacks, supply could not keep up with the demand for the long drawn out battles that then ensued for weeks and even months. So it is possible to save up shells for a powerful bombardment (like the British did at Neuve Chappelle in March 1915) but keeping it going is the problem, with investment in Gas/Shell Production the solution.

Bill