Scenarios too easy?

Ive bene enjoying plalying this game starting with the scenarios as the Entente, but I have found most of them to be a doddle. Gallipoli for example where I didnt meet any resistance at all when landing just later on around the towns, what happend to be trapped on the coast? And then the Jersulame one and the next Lawrence of Arabia one - they were both very easy as well.

I started playing on Beginner then moved to Intermediate difficulty and havent found any noticeable change.

So what do others play these on - Expert? What do these difficulty levels actually affect?

And what about AI bonus experience? What do people play with that set as generally? Does this just increase the quality of the AI troops?

Because so far the only game I have played that was anywhere near a challenge, where I actually got beat in it, was the Somme. In fact in that game the Germans broke through my lines!

What I want is to play the game on as close a historical footing as possible where I am playing at the accurate difficultly that the battles were fought in real life. So what difficutly would be best chosen for that do you think?

But some of the scenrios like Gallipoli make me wonder if the forces are arranged correctly at all? werent the Entente forces pinned down by infantry in the hills overlooking the coast and constantly bombarded by artillery etc? Where is all that in this scenario then?

Your best shot would be to start a multiplayer game - it's impossible for AI to match human planning in strategy games, as AI cannot create a complex strategies, it's just good at finding weak spots if it has numbers on it's side.

Personally I recommend you a Play by Email game.

Well neither of those answers my question about getting more challenge out of the AI and what level I should play at. I dont really play online games, cant make the necessary time commitment etc.

I was more hoping for a explanation of what the difficulty level actually affects and whther I should change this and/or the AI experience slider.

Besides with Gallopoli it seems that its more to do with the enemy forces being in incorrect initial locations so that they cant trap the Allies on the coast.

Hi nats

Increasing the experience of the AI units will make them harder to beat up, and therefore give you more of a challenge.

As to Gallipoli, the Entente forces were largely held at Krithia, so if you are easily getting past that - and it can be done, even in multiplayer as I've (bitterly!!) experienced - then the Entente are probably on their way to win. It's all about timing, concentration of force, and a bit of luck. Against the AI it is of course easier to achieve this combination!

I suggest increasing the experience levels just slightly, even just to 0.5 or 1.0, as well as increasing the difficulty level (whose main impact is to increase the AI's income and spotting range) until you find a level that suits you.

Bill