Q. on proper set up for a machine gun team...

Got a issue I hope you can enlighten me on... how can I get my machinegun teams to proper deploy at this railroad crossing, so it can cover the infantry assault across that danger zone into the woods a far... they either are too exposed and easily picked by enemy snipers or to far back where their fields of fire are not correct... I've tried adjusting to the milli-foot but it seems to be either or, not perfect... any ideas, maybe a different command then move or hunt?

post-24823-141867625114_thumb.jpg

Forget the Mg's and use the blasted tank as your base of fire. Send out a few leading teams or scouts and if they draw fire, let the tank remove the issues. I would send teams forward and spread out and force the enemy to reveal if they have units there.

The best protection in open ground is to establish the firepower to beat the enemy.

So when ready move the MG's up where they can fire and stop trying to get the perfect cover that is hard to adcheive. They need firepower to keep them alive more than that RR berm.

The best way to learn how to do this is set up a practice battle with no cover in open terrain and advance on the enemy position.

You need enough forces firing to keep threats pinned, then other forces need to sprint forward and try to create a bigger threat by creating more accurate fire and killing ability.

either leap frogging or bringing up the rear units and then sending the forward units again. (repeat as many times as required).

It is a real satifaction when you can learn to advance on the enemy in open ground, especially if the enemy is not expecting you to try it.