Reinstalling Cmsf

Am trying to delete the old install prior to a new install.

But, after doing the uninstall via the "Programs" list I am left with a "Combat Mission Shock Force" folder with all the files still on my HD. I have tried manually deleting the folder. But, I keep getting a message: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program".

I have no idea what that means. What to do so I can reinstall a fresh CMSF?

Thanks...

Delete all internal files in the folder until you find the culprit, then right click on the file for properties and uncheck read only box, secondly rename the file type to .txt, then you should be able to delete it.

If it won't let you change the file type then you have a file that is probably being used by your internet browser or a third party application/mod somewhere else on the system. You would have to go into task manager to shut that process to allow deletion. As a last resort you can use Malwarebytes "Assassin" tool which is free - this bad ass hardly ever takes prisoners.

Thanks for the advice. I found that I had unintentionally installed CMSF to several different places and had to delete em all.

Then I reinstalled, couldn't get it to run after the 1.10 patch, but deactivated my AVG and that solved that. Was able to install everything else per instructions after that and am running 1.32 with all modules now. (v1.32 is the most up to date, yes??)

Nice to have a clean install.

I wish I could figure out how to put all the CMSF .exe files on the AVG ignore list. I don't see that as an option anyplace in AVG. Any ideas?