Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

U.S. 756th Tank Battalion book for GL

Was looking for tank battle radio traffic transcripts when this turned up in the search results. I read a few pages over on Google Books. The writing is first rate, being a multiple participant narrative akin to the gold standard for such things, Tanks For The Memories, through which the author tells the unit's story, via the eyes, the memories, the diaries and letters of those who were there. Info below is not a link.

The 756th Tank Battalion in the Battle of Cassino, 1944

By Roger Fazendin

Regards,

John Kettler

Mord (and Moon),

I asked Moon directly, arguing for some slack on links to those who weren't competitors, especially information sites, asking for clarification and reasonable modification of the rule, and his recent answer was blunt: "No commercial links."

I queried about this after I got an infraction for posting a commercial link (not for a game) on a Forum not the GDF, under the mistaken belief that the above rule was for the GDF only. Moon may or may not decide to smite those who don't comply with the rule, but surviving on the Forums by his sufferance isn't my idea of a winning approach.

Is my improvised solution awkward, annoying and a waster of time? Yes! But I don't have a better one to slot in as a replacement. I think this rule so clearly stated by Moon needs both clarification and gentling, but neither's my call. Perhaps Moon will see this and offer some thoughts on the matter.

Regards,

John Kettler