Pzr Grenadiers in FI better equipped?

So I'm just checking this out. Purchased a pzr grenadier battalion 44 [armored] in scenario editor in Excellent equipment setting, deployed the first 2 platoons. I counted the G43 semi-autos the grenadiers are carrying.

Then I did the same thing in CMBN.

The FI grenadiers always carried more G43s. The date setting is only one month apart (May 44 in FI, June 44 in BN)... How come? More G43s went to Italy?

Two things occur to me.

First, the assigned equippage is randomised to an extent. You've only looked at 2 of 9 rifle platoons (as far as I can tell), and only once. You might find that the numbers tend to be more similar (or even become weighted towards the later formation) if your sample is larger.

Second, did you note how many MP44s were present? Perhaps some of the G43s had been replaced by the assault rifle by the later date.

I've checked it multiple times, and pretty sure it is indeed the case.

Furthermore I re-did the install dance and noticed German Heer PzG units didn't even have G43s, until the game was patched by Market Garden module.

The most apparent being the BN Platoon HQ never gets a G43 while it does in FI. The best equipped panzer grenadiers go to the FI Luftwaffe ones it seems.

Not a big issue, I just somehow like them G43s:o

Re MP44: the one that you can't re-stock ammo from vehicles? I play mostly campaign so thanks but no thanks...

I've checked it multiple times, and pretty sure it is indeed the case.

Odd wrinkle, then... unless there really is some factor that made Normady a G43-light theatre.

Re MP44: the one that you can't re-stock ammo from vehicles? I play mostly campaign so thanks but no thanks...

Yer, that'un... :) I was just wondering if it (inconveniently) was making up the "not-a-Kar98" numbers.