This place has gone CRAZY.

This is just a general observation. We seem to have reached a critical mass in terms of interest in this game. The number of posts here has skyrocketed. While I suppose that is a good thing in general and that it is mostly attributable to the demo coming out, I can't imagine how Steve / BTS is going to even begin to cope with this amount of traffic. It was just a week or so ago that the messages here on the board went over the 10,000 mark. Now a short time later we are at appx. 11,700!!!!! Oh well, it will be interesting to see what happens here when the real game comes out. smile.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

Yeah, Moon, it's pretty amazing isn't it? I'm just glad to see so much interest in a wargame. This is the kind of thing I think the wargaming industry needs to propel it forward out of the doldrums it appears to be somewhat mired in. And as more and more people talk to their buddies about it CM, the final game comes out and the reviews in all the online mags etc. come out, and so on, I think this thing is going to really take off like you can't believe. Just look at how much interest this one little beta demo has already stirred up! smile.gif

Mike

Just a quick story. Ma & Pa kettle (parents) were in Chicago visitng on Saturday. Aunt and grandma too. I couldn't stop talking about CM. My Dad said, "You need an OOB". He said, "The Panzerschreck was great, the screamin eagles tossed out Bazookas and used Panzerschrecks if available". He wanted to know if the Americans had 155's. Well, we left the party and played CM for a while. Until that moment, my 20 years of telling my Dad how cool computers were never paid off. I loaded a Last Defense Scenario saved at turn 9. I moved some armor out of position and put the camera in close to the Tiger with the Hill in view off in the distance. It was cool to see him jump when the M18 Hellcats appeared. He is 70. Now, he wants a Computer so he can play CM. Oh and Ma Kettle wants to surf the web. All because of CM. You know you have something great when you get my dad to want a computer.

Sincerely,

Richard Kalajian

Approximately a day later from when I orginally posted this and we are within 25 posts of 12,000. Simply amazing!!! smile.gif

At this rate there are going to be so many posts here that nobody can keep up with even reading them all.

Mike D

aka Mikester