Proposal of New Kneeling Posture

Guest KwazyDog

Looks good Tomm, but Id say that from a guess that would add another 6 polygons to every soldier. As a total guess this would probably mean that for every 10 or so troops, you are creating enough shadow pollies that could make up a totally new soldier.

Pretty big price to pay. smile.gif

I think the main change Thomm is suggesting is the different angle of the back feet and the sharper angle of the leg/knee on the soldiers. I think the shadow was mainly to indicate the angle of the ground relative to the figures. Seems to me polygons would be the same if we ignore the shadow.

Thomm's adjustment does look better to me. The figures look as if they are resting more of their bodyweight on the back leg. And yes, I am aware that we are being *very* fiddly - in practice I suspect the difference would go unnoticed most of the time. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

The word back from The Man is... "Easily Fixed". The legs, that is, not the shadows. He looked at this pic and thought it was the shadows and the answer to that was not nearly as upbeat wink.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Infocom!!!! HAHAH!!!! Man, I REALLY remember them! Their offices were 55 Wheeler Street, Cambridge Mass, right behind the Ground Round in Fresh Pond. My friend's dad worked in the same building and got me in through security one day. I just stood in front of their office doors and soaked in the energy smile.gif I thought they were the best at the time. Funny thing is... contemporary "adventure" games, like MYST and follow ups, never did it for me.

Steve

A couple of months ago I run into and bought a CD-ROM that had over 30 old games from Infocom. As far as I know, the HHGTG was the only notable one that was missing.

I haven't played all of them, yet, but based on what I've seen this far, the best (or at least funniest) is The Leather Goddesses of Phobos. (It is based on a B-grade pulp sci-fi plot).

- Tommi