Upgrade to 2.11 from 2.10 CMBN MG

Actually it doesn't explain it at all. The Hot fix is just a couple of files to put in the z folder. The 2.11 upgrade is for 2.0. What about 2.10 users needing to upgrade to 2.11?:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy 2.11.1 Hotfix Art Fix for CMBN Sherman III, for both Commonwealth module and Market Garden module.

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy 2.11 All-inclusive This is the v2.11 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version, including any modules. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade installed (and if so, do not need any other patch).

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy 2.11 All-inclusive This is the v2.11 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version, including any modules. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade installed (and if so, do not need any other patch).

This also updates 2.1 to 2.11. It never occurred to me that it would not so I just installed it. All is well. Go for it you will be happy.

I bought Market Garden, which is 2.10. Now there is a patch to upgrade to 2.11 from 2.0.

It's an all inclusive patch for any 2.0 version game including any modules. So, obviously if you're running 2.10 then you'll want to install the 2.11 patch. Once that's installed, then install the artfix. It's all quite clearly written on the download page.

Actually it doesn't explain it at all. The Hot fix is just a couple of files to put in the z folder. The 2.11 upgrade is for 2.0. What about 2.10 users needing to upgrade to 2.11?:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy 2.11.1 Hotfix Art Fix for CMBN Sherman III, for both Commonwealth module and Market Garden module.

That seems pretty clear to me. Just follow what Pak40 posted and you will be OK.

It's an all inclusive patch for any 2.0 version game including any modules. So, obviously if you're running 2.10 then you'll want to install the 2.11 patch. Once that's installed, then install the artfix. It's all quite clearly written on the download page.

I just went to the page linked above and found the wording that @Fed quoted earlier and I can see the confusion. Yes, I and many read between the lines but for some I can see it not being clear. Especially someone who has been once bitten.

Yes, the entire a la carte system currently used by BFC for CMBN/CMFI can be confusing, especially when you factor in pay-as-you-go upgrades and free patches.

It can all be quite daunting, especially for a new person who just wants to buy the game and begin playing (I know Fed is not that new).

BFC is going to need to find a way to make it easier for new people to break into the game, IMO. Once the patch-to-fix-the-patch (otherwise know as V 2.12) is released, it would behoove BFC to offer a CMBN/CW/MG bundle patched to the latest version of the game at an affordable price.

I have been buying, downloading, patching, and upgrading CMBN & CMFI since they were first released, and even I get confused as to the order of installs, so much so that I made myself a TXT file and saved it in Dropbox, just so I would know what to do in case I lost my hard drive, which recently happened.

Now that is a good idea. Now where was that last email from support ...

I'll save you, and hopefully others, some trouble.

Here is the CMBN install order (to date, subject to change without notice, etc):

Install order:

(1) CMBN

(2) Commonwealth Module

(3) V 1.11 Patch

(4) CMBN 2.0 Upgrade

(5) CMBN V 2.01 Patch

(6) Market Garden Module

(7) V 2.11 Patch

And the same for CMFI:

Install Order:

(1) CMFI

(2) CMFI V 1.01 Patch

(3) Gustav Line Module

(4) CMFI V 1.11 Patch

I also save all my license keys, and there are, what now?, eight? ten?