dead tanks

In the campaign game will dead tanks be still where they were hit and destroyed if you get to the same map again. And are you planning another demo...or not. If you are (you dont have to, this one is great) put some Brit or Commenwealth infantry and tanks in thier,it woould be neat.

Bastables,

The sad thing is for the Brits in Ww2 charginga PaK line was considered an ADVANCED tactic wink.gif.

I mean lets just look at GoodWood for a second. What a tragedy !!!

Incredible bravery being commanded by incredible stupidity. Such a shame!

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I'm guessing Kevin is referring to F.M. Montgomery...don't recognize the movie quotation though (sav pvt ryan?). I don't know if Montgomery was personally responsible for 7th Div. tanks usually outrunning their infantry in the bocage. Then again I think the Brits may have been willing to expend tanks and preserve their dwindling supply of infantry so perhaps it was a command decision. But its hard to imagine intentionally repeating the same errors from the desert battles particularly by the 7th.

-Ren

Guest Madmatt

Quote is from Saving Private Ryan. It was spoken by Ted Danson to Tom Hank's character and they are of course refering to good ole' Monty himself.

Madmatt out, Movie Trivia! I Love it!

The pathos of the British armoured force is that It was imbued with the spirit of the old cavarly units. In the book Alamein to Zem Zem Douglas paints a picture of his 2ic (XO to you yanks) Guy; 'He was fantastically rich and handsome, and appeared, as indeed he was, a figure straight out of the nineteenth century. He was charming. His ideas were feudal in the best sense-he regarded everyone in the regiment as his tenants, sub-tenants, serfs, ete., and felt his reponsibilities to them as a landlord. Everyone loved him and I belived pitied him a little. His slim beautifully clad figure remained among our dirty greasy uniforms as a symbol of the regiments former glory.'

The desert battles were the death knell of this profesional, Upper class officer caste or as Douglas him self observed "gentle obsolescent breed of heroes..... Unicorns, almost." What began in WWI was completed in 1943.

Douglas, himself part of the new tradition of Civilian soilders died on D-3 in Normandy.

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 11-10-99).]

Guest Madmatt

Ummm, has anyone actually answered the original question regarding persistant tank hulks throughout campaign missions? wink.gif Pretty decent question and I was kinda wondering on this myself!

Madmatt out, and back on track