Bocage problem

Hey folks, I was wondering if you could help me on this. I am playing the defence. During setup, I place an AT gun and MG42 behind bocage. While testing the line of sight behind the bocage, it is good. I start the game and suddenly realise that for both guns, the line of sight is suddenly blocked. What is going on here?

I wonder if LOS is checked from the gunner's position during setup as it is during play for crew-served weapons. If LOS is checked for the whole crew during setup that could give you a false idea of what the gunner is going to see once the game starts. I'm not saying this is what is happening, it's just an idea.

I think people have reported this before. One factor that I have noticed is that during setup when you move a unit to a new location or give them a face command animation runs while the unit positions itself. One thing that I have taken to do is wait until the gun and crew have stopped moving before testing LOS. That seems to fix the majority of these kinds of things. I am not sure if that covers everything or if there is a defect hiding away there somewhere.