Procedure for master-maps?

I am not sure I understand your question. Do you you wish to make a scenario using one of the master maps provided in the MG module? If so, this is what I do:

1) Make a directory where you are going to put all your stuff for your scenario

2) Make a copy of the original master map file (.btt) to this directory

3) Open the editor in CMBN

4) Press Load and open the copy of the master map file by navigating to the directory where you put it

5) Crop the map so that only the section of the map that you want for your scenario remains

6) Save it, with a new name (eg. MyFirstScenario.btt)

7) Use JonS' excellent scenario making guide to do your magic :)

8) Work hard and have fun

Ow and about the cropping thing, this is what Pete Wenman said about that:

Pushing the minus sign on the appropriate side will reduce that map edge by 16m (2 x Action Sqaures). Shift minus will reduce the appropriate edge by 10m (10x AS)

If cropping is done within the setup zones tab they can be used to mark the area to be cut.

In addition all the time the specific map being cut remains open in the editor it can be cropped and expanded as many times as required WITHOUT the loss of map detail. The cropped detail is only lost once the map is closed in the editor. So if you're not happy with the crop you can expand the map back out again.

I hope this answers your question.

Yes that helps, just 3 things. How do you make a .btt copy of the map? How do you make directory? After copy made, how do you save to directory?

I read JonS sticky as he wrote it before the game came out, is that the reference you mean to use? Sorry for all the basic questions, I have played for years but am not computer lit

Thanks Charlie

Yes that helps, just 3 things. How do you make a .btt copy of the map? How do you make directory? After copy made, how do you save to directory?

I read JonS sticky as he wrote it before the game came out, is that the reference you mean to use? Sorry for all the basic questions, I have played for years but am not computer lit

Thanks Charlie

The easiest way to do it is simply

1 open the scenario editor

2 hit load

2 select the master map scenario you want to use

3 save - give it a new name.

Now you have the same map under your new name in the correct folder. To crop it use the "-" entries in the tool bar as panzermike said. Once you have the map to the size you want hit save again- I would rename as whatever you'd like to name the new map and keep your renamed master so you always have an extra master to mess with.

Awesome, "I love it when a plan comes together" LN

I'm using Arnhem 1944 by Martin Middlebrook for accurate forces. CMMG looks like they researched it well. They only missed the Bren gun position at the "cross roads" so far but that was easy to adjust. Thanks to SBurke, PanzerMike and JonS for his Sheriff of Oosterbeek thread. Charlie

Cheers M1Charlie.

Good luck with your first scenario.

Ow, and in your CMMG install directory is a pdf JonS made with detailed instructions on scenario making. It is more detailed than the thread in the forum. It is a wonderful document, use it to your advantage!

If you have other questions, feel free to ask them here.

Got the map done, it is the westerbouwing heights area. This action collapsed the SW perimeter and lost both the high ground and the Driel ferry landing for the Brits. Failing to put a large force here was a strategic over site that made reinforcing the Oosterbeek perimeter impossible later when the bridge was lost