Boys Against Men MG Scenario

Okay, another quick necro of this thread.

I'm playing this as Germans H2H, and in the briefing it says 3 Kompany Pioneers are due as reinforcements after 15 minutes.  But if I'm not mistaken they're already on map at the start?

Anyone else noticed this?

@Pete Wenman am I right or wrong?  As I was waiting for another Kompany of Pioneers to arrive I may be disappointed 🤔.

EDIT - I may have picked up that it's 3 Kompany in the editor not the briefing, but they do seem to be on map at the start...

Edited by Vacillator

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Okay, another quick necro of this thread.

I'm playing this as Germans H2H, and in the briefing it says 3 Kompany Pioneers are due as reinforcements after 15 minutes.  But if I'm not mistaken they're already on map at the start?

Anyone else noticed this?

@Pete Wenman am I right or wrong?  As I was waiting for another Kompany of Pioneers to arrive I may be disappointed 🤔.

EDIT - I may have picked up that it's 3 Kompany in the editor not the briefing, but they do seem to be on map at the start...

You don't need this company anyway; the scenario is unwinnable as the British.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/boy-s-against-men/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=3709

14 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

the scenario is unwinnable as the British

Good to know Pierre.  However you have not seen me play 😂.

Seriously though, I was hanging around a bit waiting for the reinforcements to arrive as per the briefing but it seems they were on map from the start.  I only knew this after checking the editor, as it showed me which Kompany was the 'reinforcement'.

Okay.  Stop right there, before we go any further (yes I know, bad musical quote).

On 20 minutes (the maximum 'delay') I did get reinforcements, and they are from 1 Kompany not 3 Kompany as I thought the Editor had suggested, and despite what the message on screen says (3 Kompany has arrived).

I'm a little confused by this, but will now proceed to crush the British.  @PEB14 you might be right after all, or I may be speaking too soon.  And I had just resolved to finish the job with what I already had 😂.

Edited by Vacillator

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Okay.  Stop right there, before we go any further (yes I know, bad musical quote).

On 20 minutes (the maximum 'delay') I did get reinforcements, and they are from 1 Kompany not 3 Kompany as I thought the Editor had suggested, and despite what the message on screen says (3 Kompany has arrived).

I'm a little confused by this, but will now proceed to crush the British.  @PEB14 you might be right after all, or I may be speaking too soon.  And I had just resolved to finish the job with what I already had 😂.

Don't worry. After a couple of minutes the Brits are out of ammo. It's not a scenario — it's an execution. (As you guess, I was on the wrong side of the blade… but Theblitz's stats consoled me somewhat…😇)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 5:22 PM, Vacillator said:

Hmmm tell that to @RMM.  Copied in out of fairness, but he now knows anyway that my reinforcements have arrived 🫣.

Very ruefully yes. The jeep has some extra ammo but not much. I wouldn't say that this is completely unwinnable by the Airborne, but it's a tough one to say the least. I think a lot depends on whether the GE armour can be taken out. I lost the ATG pretty early on despite repositioning it out of immediate LoS of the GE, but the Airborne player has to think in terms of hiding and waiting for the GE to enter kill-zones for both infantry and armour. Also, the GE seem to be set to 'Crack' level which has much better (I would argue too much better) accuracy, because I seem to have lost a lot of the longer range firefights. I also think the 81mm needs to be used right up front to immediately take out as much of the GE Truppen as possible while in their initial setup and movement zones. We haven't quite finished yet, but I'm told that this achieved at least some of the desired results :)

18 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Actually I have more Veteran than Crack, with a few Regular thrown as well.  But your point may be correct anyway.

Interesting. I'm not at all a fan of the Crack setting; it seems to be far too, unrealistically advantageous, but in this case, it does seem like setting the Airborne to that could make a good balance adjustment. Next turn, such as it is back to ya!

7 hours ago, RMM said:

Next turn, such as it is back to ya!

Sorry my friend, work's Christmas Skittles got in the way.  And if anyone should read this and have no idea what I'm talking about, think bowling in a rustic but charming Somerset pub, with 9 pins and rather basic decor on the alley.  But of course RMM, you will probably know it from your time in Somerset many moons ago...

5 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Sorry my friend, work's Christmas Skittles got in the way.  And if anyone should read this and have no idea what I'm talking about, think bowling in a rustic but charming Somerset pub, with 9 pins and rather basic decor on the alley.  But of course RMM, you will probably know it from your time in Somerset many moons ago...

Oh yes :)