CMBN MG saved game problem

I upgraded to Market Garden not realizing it changed it to Version 2.10.

Another opponent who does not have Market Garden cannot see the file in his save game folder. He has version 2.01. Is this a known problem? Did anyone else have this problem?

Hopefully they will give everyone the 2.10 upgrade quickly.

Tom Konczal

I upgraded to Market Garden not realizing it changed it to Version 2.10.

Another opponent who does not have Market Garden cannot see the file in his save game folder. He has version 2.01. Is this a known problem? Did anyone else have this problem?

Hopefully they will give everyone the 2.10 upgrade quickly.

Tom Konczal

Saved PBEM games from different versions are usually incompatible.

No, that isn't what I mean. I should be able to play a 2.01 game against another 2.01 opponent on MG

No, because MG is 2.10 not 2.01. You can only continue playing your opponent in 2.01 (and who doesn't have MG) if you keep a separate install that doesn't have MG.

AND play a 2.10 game against another 2.10 opponent on MG.

Yes, obviously if you both have MG then you can play each other. You have to have two separate installs - one with MG and one without MG in order to do what you want to do.

I just read the instructions again and it is from the old 2.01, not for MG so they are using old instructions with a new mod:

PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE:

Save games from previous versions ARE COMPATIBLE with v2.01, provided that you save your turn-based games in the COMMAND phase (not the replay phase) before upgrading to v2.01.

Just caught the 2.01. Why have this for MG which is 2.10?:confused: