A helluva take over - WIP

I am working again on a scenario using the Helluva road opening map (let it aside for a year at least). This time you will need Marines, UK and NATO to get into it. I have the Marines coming in first in two separate LZ on either end of the NIRA dam bridge. Once they have secured the area a British battalion coming by road will spearhead the way toward the airport. Needless to say the Red forces, since the last scenario, have had the time to build a defence stop line. You will find bunkers with self support line of fire as well as static tanks buried in well chosen areas. The Red Grunts are putting on a good fight and having not look again closely to the A.I, surprised me more than one time.

If my memory is not wrong and or deficient ! I recall that BLACK MORIA had a look at it at the time. If you read that post B.M,let me know if you want to test it again.The scenario has somewhat changed since last time !

I shall try to post some shots in the coming days.

Anyway if some of you feel interested by that new scenario let it be known. That way, I shall be obliged to speed up its release !

Cheer :D

You know me, snake_eye. I'm always game to play one of your scenarios and playtest if you like.

I was sure you'll be answering my call B.M. As soon as things are rightly set up I shall send you the file. As a matter of fact, for the time being I have only tested the Air assault and the securing of LZ's areas. I have not tried the British for the time being.

The reason is that they might be used in that first battle fully and or with some Recon elements. Their spearhead could be done in a second battle.

That means that I should do a campaign.

So for the time being I am trying to find out the correct time to have the Brits into the battle and decide if that should be one battle or two.

Cheer

@Erwin

Depending on the issue (related above) it could be a month or two at the most.

You are right about M.G people are focused on it. To my taste M.G will be more fit to urbans battles than wide open country ones. I don't see the interest of having a huge and long bridge taking almost all the map. To attack such an area is suicide unless the other side is surprised. That is in the game, since you know the issue already. The A.I progress are for me the most interesting thing.

Cheer

• 3 weeks later...

The testing is nearing its end. I am really enjoying the Brits armor doing its attack against the Red defending the Airport. I have almost decided to have the scenario brought to you as one battle , instead of a campaign of two battles and or two stand alone scenarios.

Sure enough, you will have first to secure the two LZ's and their immediate vicinities as well as covering the fields and the road coming from the airport. That is in itself one battle. Then you will have to deploy the Brits upon their arrival and have them attack the key hills to cover their troops on the way to their final objective (the airport).

I shall be interested to learn how some players will fare doing that attack. There will be different possible tactical schemes that could be applied by the Marines and then the Brits.

There will some surprises "as usual !", but the fact that the battle is played the other way on the map you already know, with the adding of the Darya pass with its tortuous way leading to it, will have you fight a totally different battle. It won't be anymore a Helluva Road Opening, but somehow a SOB battle. After all wars are not fought in an Armchair, they are only discussed while resting in it.:D

Cheer

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, the upload would be done within 2 weeks at the most, I hope so !. I have just been back home after 15 days during which time, I had no way to get connected.

I had received the excellent AAR testing from BlackMoria, just before I left and I was able to thank him for his work before getting off line.

I thought that I could finalize the scenario and took my laptop on my trip. Up to that moment there was no problem to finish on time the scenario..

However, next day, I had to use the recovery system on my Laptop having problems with VISTA. The secondary HDD was not affected, but the licence keys were erased . I had no other way to start up CMSF without reinstalling the licensing keys, and probably Marines, the Brits and Nato. Needless to say I did not have the keys and the add-ons with me.

As you can guess I had plenty time to replay the scenario in my head and think about it. That was all I could do.:cool:

OK, I shall go into it in the next few days, as soon as I get all the current affairs done.