Qb Purchase Idea

Just throwing this out there.How about the ability to purchase extra ammo of any type in the qb purchase screen.Keep it in the rear in a "dump" or on trucks.Say you wanted to purchase an extra 500 9mm for your MP40's?or an extra 30 75mm ap for your Stug.You might have a huge battle and want an extra 100 76mm for your Hellcat platoon.Possibilities are endless.

Also the ability to purchase camouflage for any unit for ambush purposes, making tanks,guns,infantry almost invisible if they don't move.

Or do you think its too gamey?

You already can purchase extra ammo for infantry by purchasing the vehicles that carry it. Except for 7.92 Kurtz, or course. Extra ammo for tanks would also require the ability to resupply vehicles to be added, which is arguably outside the scope of a CM battle.

Towed guns are already treated as camouflaged if they don't move and tanks should be (they were in CMx1).

IIRC, a Conscript, Poor, -2 truck from, say, a US AT platoon costs about 13 points for a couple thou M2 ball, 300 .45 cal and much more .30 carbine than an infantry battalion ever needs. Sadly, if you want bazooka trucks, I think you'd have to pay individual vehicle premiums for them.

Buts that's assuming you can have vehicles - what about infantry only battles? Or battles where hiding a truck is a little difficult?

I would love to see a 'Forward OP' or 'Command Center' fortification. It could have ammo and perhaps even a radio in it. You wouldn't even need to add any new animations or art - just change the stats of a trench or foxhole.

You know, I hadn't even looked closely at "Infantry Only" before. I assumed they'd have access to at least jeeps and trucks. Colour me somewhat surprised that they don't...

As to hiding a truck; just plunder it before turn one, dismount the driver and hide him. I don't think your oppo will get any points for wrecking the vehicle.

Still, the idea of ammo dumps is neither new nor without merit. One day, I'm sure we'll get to be even more professional :)