Peak CM2 experience

The Labrynth: the seventh battle of the Road to Montebourg campaign. Great for us who mostly play the AI.

Interesting/complex/subtle map.

Interesting forces on both sides.

Interesting objective.

Just the right amount of time--I went to the last minute.

BTW: I don't know how it played in 1.0, but with the 2.1 engine version everything feels "right"--the MGs, the mortars, and the off-board artillery. I think it is very impressive when a scenario/campaign is excellent even with engine changes--it shows that the fundamental ideas of the scenario/campaign are valid.

BTW2: at 15 minutes a WEGO turn (which is generally faster than I can usually move--I will sometimes take hours/days on the first move, or in critical situations), a back of the envelope calculation would be that this campaign will take about 300 hours--this is very cheap entertainment.

Thank you PT/Battlefront.

Mmmm. Probably 'Colossal Cracks' with CMBN - CW Module. That was an awesome tank fight on an epic scale.

++++Spoiler++++

The moment I saw the company of Panthers take up position near the German edge as a last line of defense a little part of me died inside. Managed to get around behind them with some mad dashing and a smoke screen.

++++

Close behind may actually be from CMSF. During the British Campaign (can't remember the scenario name) - the mission to defend against the riot/militia assault onto the police station. Seeing my few British soldiers desperately try to cling on waiting to be relieved. Towards the end you dreaded any new sound contact.