hello,

can i delete the base game after the detection through aod, and why the italian and french island near the antarctica? :)

french somalia was french 1939 and not british, then 1940 vichy-french...

why the maldives was deleted?

and was haiti/dominican rep. a usa ally, not a uk ally?

mathias

hello,

can i delete the base game after the detection through aod

Hi Matthias

I'm not sure on the question above, and would suggest it's probably better to keep it.

and why the italian and french island near the antarctica? :)

I can see the French island, Kerguelen, but not an Italian one. Where is that?

french somalia was french 1939 and not british, then 1940 vichy-french...

You're right, that's something for us to consider.

why the maldives was deleted?

It must have been an oversight not to add them, especially as Addu Attoll played a role in the Pacific war.

and was haiti/dominican rep. a usa ally, not a uk ally?

Yes, you are right.

Bill

hi bill,

the corrections come with 1.02? i mean the 2 islands directly by the antarctic sea (white ice), and runs aod only with installed gc base game? gold runs without the base game.

the engine can have 65 countries, which is the no. 65?

mathias

Hi Mathias

I've found the Italian one now, at 105,93, and I think that should really be a few tiles to the west and under British control as South Georgia.

I've also found the French one I think you're referring to, at 256,94, and that looks like it should be under Australian control as Heard Island.

The 65th country is Yugoslavia.

hi bill,

i mean the not showed country in the country data list of the editor (64 showed), maybe the chinese communist area?

belize was british honduras.

why the later war declaration of the dominions, all have declared war in sept. 1939, in gold is that correctly.

i have not ceded eastern poland to russia, then only 2 tiles are "surrended to germany".

in patch 1.02 is all corrected, also the antarctic islands?

mathias

Hi Mathias

I'm not aware of any unused country slots, and good point about British Honduras.

The Dominions activate in accordance with events, especially when Japan goes to war with the Allies, so that the UK is hard pushed to defend areas that historically were easy for the Japanese to capture.

We hope to get most, possibly all, of these changes into 1.02, including the Antarctic Islands.

Bill

i have not ceded eastern poland to russia, then only 2 tiles are "surrended to germany".

I've just run a test of this using the most up to date beta patch, and all of Poland has been occupied by Germany when I refused to cede Eastern Poland to the USSR. So this should be ok.

hi bill,

only 2 tiles of poland are surrended to germany (with own borders) and the rest of poland is part of germany.

the game need ca. 2 min to start, from click on the short cut until the first game picture, why? the base game data is the reason? then no music, taskbar staying, i must click on the aod field on the taskbar, that the sound starts and the taskbar disappear.

mathias

more questions :)

can i copy the scww1 icons/icon file to aod anyhow?

it's possible to add more explosion animations? or only the one is possible?

existing stats how many customers come from usa, uk, germany, asian, latin american countries etc.?

mathias

hi bill,

only 2 tiles of poland are surrended to germany (with own borders) and the rest of poland is part of germany.

the game need ca. 2 min to start, from click on the short cut until the first game picture, why? the base game data is the reason? then no music, taskbar staying, i must click on the aod field on the taskbar, that the sound starts and the taskbar disappear.

mathias

Difficult to know for sure as it loads up pretty quickly on my end, what are your system specs?

more questions :)

can i copy the scww1 icons/icon file to aod anyhow?

it's possible to add more explosion animations? or only the one is possible?

existing stats how many customers come from usa, uk, germany, asian, latin american countries etc.?

mathias

To transfer unit sprites over to AoD from any other source file you'll just need to open the unit sprite BMPs in AoD, found in the Bitmaps folder in the installation folder for AoD, and use your favourite graphics Editor to copy/paste or edit the files to create customized versions.

There is no step by step guide for this as it really comes down to being familiar with a graphics editor on your end. A free one is Paint.NET and you can experiment with it by opening up any image file and making adjustments and going from there.

Note, you'll have to know that unit sprites are 77x71 pixels wide and should occupy the same amount of space once edited in order for them to appear properly in game.

There is only the one explosion animation and for customer stats we unfortunately do not have this information as only Battlefront will know that for sure if they even keep track of it.

Hubert

hi bill,

Hi Mathias

I've tried recreating this, both by ceding eastern Poland to the USSR and also refusing to do so, but either way the whole of Poland is being annexed by Germany and/or the USSR, so if there was an issue, it doesn't appear to exist any longer in the forthcoming patch. :)

Bill

For AoD, installing the base game patched to v1.07 is recommended.

For import/export, it is only recommended to import and export data from other AoD campaigns to be on the safe side.

There might be some data from older releases of SC that will be compatible but there are no guarantees as much data has changed for the new AoD engine.

Hubert

If AoD just launches more slowly than Global it could be related to the licensing system as it is different in AoD versus Global.

If this is indeed the case you might want to open a ticket with the helpdesk, http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk to see if they can help as it might be a setting on your end that needs adjusting such as firewall or anti-virus program etc.

Hi Mathias,

It could work for v1.0 or v1.02 but with all the changes that have been implemented to Global over the years I can't say for sure.

All I can say is that AoD and AoC were tested against the latest v1.07 version of Global and that is why we suggest to install that version as the base.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ericdean83,

The main campaign is set to end May 7th, 1947 but it can easily be changed to play past the normal end date by opening up the campaign in the Editor and changing the end date and then also adjusting the end date Victory Conditions in the VICTORY event scripts, also accessible and editable via the Editor.

Hope this helps,

Hubert