CMBN: Market Garden v2.10

Hello BFC team,

As I have seen from JonS's osteerbeek scenario design topic, The game will be patched to V2.10

From V2.01 to V2.10 , I hope there will be too much new features. (or will CMFI v.1.10 features be added to CMBN game?)

Can you give us hints about these new additions to the game?

Thanks in advance

Regards

There's a sticky: The Start of Actual News which outlines some details.

Pak40

I need the information about the game, but the topic that you mentioned are containing too much dreams.

So we can continue about real actual news in these topic.

BFC team can comment about real news that I think.

Regards

Well, we know from previous module releases that there are no new features in a module release. Generally the only things new in a module release are units, battles, and campaigns, and bug fixes or minor tweaks in some programming behavior. However, the little that has been said about OMG by Steve and JonS is that there will be some new map features that will reflect the Holland landscape. There will be some new large bridges and flavor objects such as windmills. I'm not sure about anything else.

Well, we know from previous module releases that there are no new features in a module release. Generally the only things new in a module release are units, battles, and campaigns, and bug fixes or minor tweaks in some programming behavior. However, the little that has been said about OMG by Steve and JonS is that there will be some new map features that will reflect the Holland landscape. There will be some new large bridges and flavor objects such as windmills. I'm not sure about anything else.

Not entirely true. Some new game features have made it into CMx2 modules, dating all the way back to Shock Force. For example, on-map mortars and mortar "near indirect" targeting was originally added to the game engine as part of the CMSF:British Forces module.

So don't expect anything huge, but a few modest new features are definitely possible. In fact, we already know of at least one -- see the new "Ditch Lock" terrain feature that JonS demonstrates in his Sheriff of Oosterbeek scenario design thread. I think this definitely qualifies as a "new feature" that is going to enhance maps considerably.