Aod Waw scenario and Brute force

Howdy

I have AoD, but not played it yet, and have a question regarding the World at War scenario? I seem to remember an article on the Wargamer website by Big Al where he talked about the AI used in the scenario.

I see in a thread below that Brute Force is being updated for AoD and was wondering what the difference between the two scenarios is?

I actually thought the AoD was a kind of official version of Big Al's mod? :confused:

Hi Hairy Pie

The style of the scenarios are quite different, as the World at War scenario builds on the original Global Conflict Gold WWII style campaign, but with a new and larger map, more unit types and some extra features.

Brute Force will retain its own distinctive design approach, so essentially you'll be getting two different WWII grand strategy games for the price of one. Of course, 1939 World at War being an official release it has had the input from a large team than Brute Force, for which Al is the designer.

Bill

Hairy I have been a fan of this series since SC1 , however I find the Mods to be the absolute contributions to this excellent system! Big Al has made some superb mods in as well as Kurt Eichorn!

I can understand why you've stuck with the series CSS, this is my current PC spec:

Win 7 64bit

i7920 clocked at 3.80GHz

12GB ram

Gigabyte GTX 670

128 SSD

1TB HDD

3x Asus 24" monitors

.....and I spend more time playing SC on my works laptop than anything else!