Some concerns regarding the 1870 scenario after completing games as both sides against the AI:

1. Are villages not supposed to provide any supply? It seems it's very hard to keep units in supply because of this (especially for the AI, which seemed to pay no heed to supply at all).

2. What's the deal with the "broken" railroad West of Metz? Is there supposed to be a rail connection here or not?

3. The game doesn't seem to end if Germany surrenders before NM reaches zero, like when I as the French took Koblenz in October after destroying most Prussian units out of supply around Metz earlier in the war.

4. Haven't seen any notification of the establishment of the French Republic as either side. Prussia gets notification that the Prince Imperial (and some Count) flee to Belgium, but not the abdication of Napoleon (or anything else after that). France gets notification of the abdication of Napoleon, but not about anyone fleeing for Belgium (or anything else after that, but maybe the NM didn't get low enough that time).

5. The AI seems to play especially poorly in this scenario as either side, with me winning as France (on intermediate difficulty) not much more difficult than winning as Prussia (where I was told some AI scripts weren't working).

Hi Ancient Demon

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Are villages not supposed to provide any supply? It seems it's very hard to keep units in supply because of this (especially for the AI, which seemed to pay no heed to supply at all).

Villages don't provide supply, and unfortunately it isn't possible to reflect their lack of supply provision in the Interface, so I will mention this in the Guide to make it clearer.

2. What's the deal with the "broken" railroad West of Metz? Is there supposed to be a rail connection here or not?

That is the railway as it was at the time, partially constructed but not usable. So it reflects things as they were.

3. The game doesn't seem to end if Germany surrenders before NM reaches zero, like when I as the French took Koblenz in October after destroying most Prussian units out of supply around Metz earlier in the war.

Ok, thanks, I'll take a look at that.

4. Haven't seen any notification of the establishment of the French Republic as either side. Prussia gets notification that the Prince Imperial (and some Count) flee to Belgium, but not the abdication of Napoleon (or anything else after that). France gets notification of the abdication of Napoleon, but not about anyone fleeing for Belgium (or anything else after that, but maybe the NM didn't get low enough that time).

Some of these scripts will be fixed shortly, as they are tied in to the AI issue we discussed over the weekend.

The flights to Belgium don't happen on a given date, so given the random nature of things, despite their high chance of occurring every turn they could in theory not happen.

For example, the comte de Palikao has a 33% chance of fleeing to Belgium every turn from the 1st September, providing French National Morale is below 75%.

5. The AI seems to play especially poorly in this scenario as either side, with me winning as France (on intermediate difficulty) not much more difficult than winning as Prussia (where I was told some AI scripts weren't working).

Yes, I think this is a much harder campaign for the AI than our WWI and WWII campaigns. The force density and maneuverability is so different, and even in multiplayer it is possible for catastrophic mistakes to be made, and a devastating Prussian victory like occurred in August 1870 is far from guaranteed. So for the AI it is a much tougher proposition than in our other campaigns.