Trouble with D-Day mod

Hey guys I downloaded the Denhost_CMBO_Scenario pack, and I'm trying to get the D-Day battles to work properly.

I have installed the BMP files where they go, but whenever I run the battle the map looks exactly the same. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me? Also I am looking for opponents to play PBEM or TCP/IP or w/e CMBO/BB/AK play. I have recent purchased BO/AK and had BB for sometime, and have just now realized the online community. Anyways any help would be awesome.

Side note; I have noticed the BMP files are named XXX_beach/blowfish/omaha/utah/hastings ect, what the heck do I do with all those BMP files. I dropped them into the BMP file, and again, no change.

Also any recommended mods? Looking for maybe a sound mod? Definitely looking for historical scenarios, mainly ops, battles are cool as well.

Hey Sly,

In general, it's 1st best to download MOD Folders into your desktop.

In order to get the New Mods working, you will need to rename each New BMP file to exacly the same as the Original Games BMP ( basically deleting anything after the last number ) Then, copy and paste ( or Drag n Drop ) the New BMPs into the Original Games BMP Folder ( don't just drop the new BMP folder into the old BMP folder as it wont work...Afterwards, just delete or save that New MOD folder for future use). Ofcourse, you may want to back-up the Original Games BMP's in a seperate folder incase you want to go back to stock.

You can check out these sites for both Mods, Scenario's & Opponent's:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods

http://www.tspindler.de/cmak_mod/

http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/

I still play both BB & AK ( not BO...I Mod my AK to play NW Europe as well as the Med Theater ) and could use another opponent ( only playing one opponent on a consistant basis ). I only play upto Company size Scenarios or QB's ( no Battalion size ), and only AXIS in BB, but either AXIS or ALLIES in AK...Let me know if interested and I will send you setups ( just PM your Email Address ).

Joe

Hey Sly,

In general, it's 1st best to download MOD Folders into your desktop.

In order to get the New Mods working, you will need to rename each New BMP file to exacly the same as the Original Games BMP ( basically deleting anything after the last number ) Then, copy and paste ( or Drag n Drop ) the New BMPs into the Original Games BMP Folder ( don't just drop the new BMP folder into the old BMP folder as it wont work...Afterwards, just delete or save that New MOD folder for future use). Ofcourse, you may want to back-up the Original Games BMP's in a seperate folder incase you want to go back to stock.

You can check out these sites for both Mods, Scenario's & Opponent's:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods

http://www.tspindler.de/cmak_mod/

http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/

I still play both BB & AK ( not BO...I Mod my AK to play NW Europe as well as the Med Theater ) and could use another opponent ( only playing one opponent on a consistant basis ). I only play upto Company size Scenarios or QB's ( no Battalion size ), and only AXIS in BB, but either AXIS or ALLIES in AK...Let me know if interested and I will send you setups ( just PM your Email Address ).

Joe

Ah well that's a shame that someone would take the time to pack all of these things but not pack any instructions with them. So I have to rename all the files? What do I do with the files that are multiple? IE There is certain numbers where they have omaha utah hastings blowfish, I guess for each single scenario I have to install the individual BMPs? No thanks, entirely to much trouble for a little mod, if I wanted to go through all of that I would have bought CMBN or whatever. I tried going through and renaming them, but its just a crap shoot as to which BMP you need for what scenario, and what all you need in general, leading to some BMP showing and some not in game. I'll just uninstall these things, not worth the confusion.

While I would like to play with you, I want to play Beyond Overlord first and work my way through the games. And I'm not looking to mod any of these games if they are that counter intuitive. The mods that came with the game were a simple drag and drop, just as simple as it needs to be.

Anyways thanks for the update, I was terrible afraid it would be something like that. I'll look into those other sites, I was afraid this one was dead lol.

Hey Sly,

Actually, once you install the Utah Mod ( or whatever Mod you decide to use ), it will be there for all games ( Scenarios, QBs, etc ), and not just a particular Utah Beach Scenario...I think you have one of those Mod Packs where you will have to decide which Mod type ( Blowfish vs. whatever vs. whatever ) you want, and download only those.

Basically, you want to download general Mods that will be used for all Scenarios or QB used through-out the Theater, such as Terrain, Buildings, and Uniforms.

If you have BO with the additional Mod Disk ( which I think you are referring to ), then that should be pretty much most of the Mods that you will need.

I have no problem playing BO ( still have it installed after all these yrs ), and we can play whatever you want that's upto Reinforced Company size engagements.

AK, is a just a more refined version of BO ( better Moral System, Covered Arcs, etc, etc ), and folks simply download NW Europe related Mods to represent the BO Theater.

Let me know regarding BO, and I can send over a small PBEM File ( will start small and make it 600 point QBs, then eventually 1000 points )...Let me know if you have any questions regarding the game mechanics, appropriate tactics, etc, and will help you as much as possible.

First check which version of CM1 you are playing. If it's CMBO, then the CMAK (or CMBB) bmp's probably won't work as desired.

Unlike CM2, once you replace CM1 bmps in the BMP folder the old ones are gone forever, unless you backed them up or saved them in another folder.

Yea I am assuming, that I need the scenario bmp as well. ie I was originally wanting to play Omaha b!tch so I would need the beach BMPs, along with the Omaha BMPs correct?. So essentially I would need a BMP folder for each D-Day Scen that needs this map pack. Because if you don't pick the right map BMP the things don't line up properly.

I understand using the mods, but the reason I purchased all three of the older ones, other than to support CM and BF was to use them to cover the theater. I fully intended to purchase BN and the newest one Fortress Italy or w/e. Perhaps if they go on sale, or once my job (work at a college) starts back up.

I have read the poor story of CM Campaigns, and sadly I feel it is the one thing this game does terribly. I had purchased BB when it first came out, not realizing it was full of linear battles and ops, in an age where most PC strategy games have huge continuous ops or GCs. It put me off for quite a long time frankly, all the way up to now. I am a huge fan of the Close Combat series and I envision a GC liken to it, or even Hearts of Iron (without the completely control of the country and w/e) series later on. It is a real shame the project died before it had the chance. I feel like, even if it was a WIP, that it could have radically changed not just CM but other games like it (CC for instance). I envision whole complete Operation Market Garden where I control everything, except the enemy and the weather, and the likes.

I am down to play, PM me and we can start either a PBEM or TCP, makes no difference to me.