IR Panthers, Vampir and Uhu units in CM:BO???

Hi guys,

New to the forum etc etc. All the formalities over now. ;)

Now i was wondering if there is any mod out there regarding using Panthers (along with the accompanying Halftrack "Owl" and support troops "Vampir") equipped with IR devices? I know these are extremely rare and only one supposed battle happened which resulted in the destruction of a British Armoured Division.

I would think that with all the "what if" scenarios that Combat Mission allows that these awesome units would be a nice addition to the German army lists...

Thoughts?

I will also do the same post on CM:BtB and CM:AK as well.

Cheers

Alistair

Australia

Yep, that's a new one to me. I've never heard of it ever being used by more than one vehicle in the field and I don't think Panthers carry enough AP to take out a Division. I'm not sure the British Division would sit still long enough if it did.

I think that confusion was sorted in one of the other fora.

Note: It's considered bad form to post the same thing in multiple fora unless it's really important.

The 'division' was supposed to be one equipped with Comets. Being as there was only one division so equipped, that would be obvious. The actual wording turned out to be 'a unit', which could be as small as a troop (4 tanks).

The only report I've read regarding the IR equipped tanks was during the Ardennes offensive vs the US forces, although the British Comet equipped division was in the area at the same time, although I'm nnot sure that they were so equipped at the time.

I have read about these tanks on a website... they were actually used in combat they were used in combat once or twice against a British Comet platoon. In a 1 sided 30min firefight all the Comets were wiped out and the searchlight half-tracks with special troops came and wiped out the helpless crew (weeps for the dead)