Supply connection rules - what am I missing?

I've noticed that cutting the rail link between Constantinople and the cities in the rest of the Ottoman Empire does not drop the maximum supply there to 5 for the cities and ports (they remain 8 or 10) despite not having any other connection to a primary supply source. Please explain.

Hi Ancient Demon

There are Ottoman Industrial Centers further east, which will be keeping some of their port and city strengths up.

Bill

Yes, but Erzerum and Trabzon aren't connected to anything by rail, so they can't support anything but themselves. What's keeping up the strength of all the cities and ports in Syria/Palestine?

I'm not sure, as I've just run a test by placing a Russian unit immediately adjacent to Constantinople, on the south eastern side, and the strength of Ottoman resources at Smyrna, Angora and in Palestine, Arabia etc is only 5.

Is it possible that the campaign has been modified in the editor at all? Only there is a switch that would change the supply rules.

It is in Campaign -> Edit Campaign Data -> Advanced -> Resource Supply Calculation, which should be set to Rail Only. But if it is set to Unrestricted then I could understand what you're seeing happening.

I'm not sure, as I've just run a test by placing a Russian unit immediately adjacent to Constantinople, on the south eastern side, and the strength of Ottoman resources at Smyrna, Angora and in Palestine, Arabia etc is only 5.

Is it possible that the campaign has been modified in the editor at all? Only there is a switch that would change the supply rules.

It is in Campaign -> Edit Campaign Data -> Advanced -> Resource Supply Calculation, which should be set to Rail Only. But if it is set to Unrestricted then I could understand what you're seeing happening.

That could be it, but this is in a multiplayer game started by someone else. Could I be playing an edited version of the campaign without knowing it? How do I tell if this option is on from the saved game?

It's possible, and if it is the case then the first time you played it, there would have been a message saying something like "Original Campaign cannot be found".

I'd recommend asking your opponent so as to shed some light on this.