Normandiefront!

As an aside, has anyone read 'Lions of Carentan' about the 6th FJ Regt.? Looked an interesting read and may get it sometime in the future.

I like reading books from both sides to fill in the picture.

Yes, and I was somewhat disappointed. There was a lot of interesting stuff about the unit, it's formation, history in Italy, some history during MG and in Holland in general... unfortunately very very little on Carentan itself. If you are getting it specifically to read about Normandy, don't.

In retrospect I would not have purchased the book I don't think knowing what I know now specifically because I was looking for something about their experience in Normandy.

Thanks for the heads up on the Lions book, will pass on that one.

Micheal, again, can only say what I read, the divisional commander thought the information very important and relevant to his dispositions over the following days so can only deduce there was plenty of useful intel contained in the captured documents, or why mention it? Surely it be would easier for him to say he out guessed or out smarted the landing forces for 2-3 days?

I'm just relating what's in the book, people can make their own minds up on its authenticity or intention. Good book though :)

I know :)

And it does sound like a good book. I do get weary of the uber-Germans-were-always-uber-and-the-Allies-only-won-because-materialschlact meme though :)