splash_zps7d352986.png

I am back for another solo AAR. I have done a large update to my Mod Fall Weiss II "Breakthrough Edition". First a big thanks to Amadeus for moving Fall Weiss from W&W to the WW1 Engine, and Cantona66 for some script ideas. This has always been my favourite map, and the scale is easy to Mod. The game is fast, and the AI is very competent on a small map.

I admitted defeat to the Allied AI in my previous Fall Weiss II AAR for WW1 with 6 majors. Now I am hoping to get revenge in this large update. I am using difficult settings, but it is a must vs AI, which this mod was designed for.

11_zps22433aa5.jpg

In Fall Weiss II I have included many decisions, and have tried to enhance the political landscape of Europe, rather than only the use of diplomacy chits, which are of course still a necessary tool in my mod. Some countries will become stronger even though they are hidden under the fog of neutrality as they purchase military supplies or equipment from majors for example.

There are quite a few events which are referred to as "Variants" which are mostly related to variable War Entry, and are there for replay value and to add surprises to the game. Most are tied directly to decisions in the game, so they will not feel quite so random. An example would be Spain receiving civil aid, military equipment or aviation fuel from German and Italy. Spain will not abruptly join the Allies in the midst of this, however there is an off chance they could Join the Axis as a result.

Thanks for reading!

A quick look at other Axis Countries who will come into play:

ITALY

15_zpsd35f5fae.jpg

16_zps1f190f24.jpg

The Italians begin with a large Army and Navy. Always the most difficult decision is to decide whether to focus on Infantry or Naval supperiority in the Med. The Italians are can be a disaster waiting to happen which ever route you take however. I find this country always the most interesting to play for that reason.

FINLAND

17_zps029cefd8.jpg

Finland is a tough nation to play. The Finnish will enter the war oppurtunistically and may exit in the same manner. If Finland's morale falls, or they lose territory they may throw in the towel, or they may fight to the bitter end.

ROMANIA

18_zps5f457187.jpg

Romania is likely to make the biggest commitment to the Eastern Front of any German ally. The Ploesti oil fields are a great source of income for the Romanian's to fund their war effort.

I am back for another solo AAR. I have done a large update to my Mod Fall Weiss II "Breakthrough Edition".

For clarity, I am running SC WWI v1.06, which is not "BE", so "Fall Weiss III (Breakthrough Edition)" - the most recent FW (Mar 15) - will not work for me?

The most recent version that will is FW II from Dec 24, 2012?

In any event, am enjoying the AAR.

Thanks acrashb I'll be updating the AAR very soon,

To answer your question the Breakthrough edition is only for WW1 Breakthrough, as their are some changes to the editor that are not compatible with the base WW1 game.

I've made lots of changes since I started this mod, as it's really helped to slow down the game play and examine everything thoroughly. The variants are lowered again now. I've also added new decisions and events that should put economics and diplomacy at a much higher level. Now mostly I am working on some strategic pop ups so that players can better understand the consequences of their actions.