Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why do downloads have a 365 day expiry?

Lah

I predict a ban from legal action with frowny faces that have an indifferent look about them.

I expect the same apparent confusion and then complete silence we get every time a web technical topic comes up.

Did they fix that 2.01 windows patch download yet which had a different checksum?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I see the point of BF not wanting to pay high server fees. The torrent idea sounds good to me, from what I can understand of it.

I can understand people saying simply back up the software when you download but in real life that doesn't always happen. Who's ever been guilty of being 1000x more keen to get playing the game than backing up your 'just downloaded' software. Then later forget that you haven't backed it up!

Of course it'll be in the EULA that you can't redistribute the software.

Vanilla windows install discs can be downloaded on torrents to use with valid licenses. I've done this with an OEM PC that doesn't even ship with a windows disc.

With the bunch of nerds we have here I can't see the torrent running out of seeders. If you did you just get on the forums and ask for someone to seed instead of moaning about how evil/incompetent BFC are.

I can understand people saying simply back up the software when you download but in real life that doesn't always happen. Who's ever been guilty of being 1000x more keen to get playing the game than backing up your 'just downloaded' software. Then later forget that you haven't backed it up!

Which is why I always order the game on disc in addition to the download. That's a habit I was recently grateful for when the copy of BN on my HD began acting a bit wonky and I was forced to trash it and reload from disc. Much faster and more hassle free than DLing it all over again. And yes, I know I could just have backed up my DLed copy, but if that had arrived in somewhat dinged or corrupted form unrealized by me, the backup copy would also have those problems. By buying the disc from BFC, I am assured that it will at least be a clean copy of the software as it existed at that point in time.

Michael

Hi

I noticed your post on the backing up of files. I have purchased a number of games from Battlefront, almost everyone. I have thumb drives as well. What do I need to do specifically to back up the game either on a thumb drive or another hard drive.

What files?

Currently, when I get for example the 200mb install file for Assault on Communism, I install the game on my C:\ drive and then I drag the 200mb install file onto my storage drive. I also copy all my receipts and usually the serial numbers into a notebook. Matrix Games has a decent record of allowing you to reinstall games.

Is this what you mean?

Thnaks for your help and the game looks well built.