Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New file at the Repository: Wittmann (2013-04-10)

Background The small but fierce battle that took place some 50 kilometers south of Caen in the fields and woods between the small Normandy villages of St. Aignan and Cintheaux on August 8, 1944 has become famous for two reasons. First, it marked the death of Nazi Germany’s most famous tank commander, SS Hauptstürmfuhrer Michael Wittmann, holder of the Knight’s Cross with Oakleaves and Swords. Second, the battle was a pivotal moment in the next to last great British offensive in Normandy, Operation “Totalize.” Playing The Scenario First off you will need to patch your game to 2.00 to play this. The READ ME contains full background info about this very famous (infamous?) action and is worth checking out before playing the scenario.This scenario was primarily designed for play as German attacker Vs Allied AI Defender and all third party testing has been done this way.. There is an AI Plan for the German side but the AI does not do attacking as well as a human would. Still it’ll give you some fun – especially if you like KOing Tigers! If playing against the Allies/Germans there are multiple AI Plans. German AI Plan 1 and Allied AI Plan 1 are the ones that best recreate the actual order and pathway of the attack. You can switch off the other AI Plans in the scenario editor. Given the force balance it’ll also do for H2H. However, this is a historical scenario and the forces are not balanced. It’s a very tough call for the Germans (as it was in the actual event) so I’d su...

More...

Oh poo. I uploaded a modified scenario file (wee minor issue with one terrain objective incorrectly labelled)and made a bit of a blunder with forgetting to keep the file description name the same. So the repository goes and creates a new thread link and deletes all the feedback posted and the ratings. Double feckin' poo!!!

The original thread is here - any comments etc could we please keep them to this thread-

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107507

Many Thanks!