Difficulty in downloading customer downloads

Hi

Im new to Battlefront but Im hooked currently half way through the Scottish Corridor. I want to download the customer downloads on explosions/smoke and the tracers. When I press download, the file just sits in the download part of the computer and I cant activate it. Ive upgraded to version 2 and have windows system. Can anyone help.

You don't active mods. You have to extract them from the "download part" of your computer to the proper folder in the CMBN directory.

Find your CMBN directory and navigate to the Data sub-directory. Once inside the Data directory right click and chose New --> Folder. Name the new folder Z. Go to the mod you downloaded onto your computer and double click on it to open it. It mod is inside a zip or RAR file so you have to extract it. Click on the mod file to highlight it, then click on the "Extract To" button at the top. You then tell the program where to put the mod file by pointing it to the Z folder: CMBN/Data/Z. Hit ok and you're done.

EDIT: Ninja'd, of course.

Under Windows XP it is at HDD-name:\.......\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Data

For example mine is at G:\Programme\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\Data\Z.

You could use the system integrated search of Windows to locate files btw. If you are using Windows XP, go to Start->Search and search for folders named "Data". You will probably get multiple results, open every folder to see if anything CMBN-ish (like patch files) is inside.

And i am just saying (no offense or something like that intended), since it apears to me you are not very experienced with computers, you will have to extract the actual mod files from the.zip or.rar files you downloaded before you put them into the Data\Z folder in order to make them work. You can use programms such as winzip or winrar to do this.