Mod Question/Request

Can a mod be made that allows RTS style gameplay? For example in the game Company of Heroes, you spawn on map with a headquarters, build a base and units, capture & hold objectives and resources ect. I could be into that style of game if it used CM2. An alternative could be a reinforcement system that allows a player to receive two or three waves of troops in a match, and sort of spontaneously decide what those troops are when the option to reinforce becomes available.

It might be a little gamey and/or impossible to make, but what the hey ya know. Recon would be more involved if you could choose your reinforcements based on what you could see of your opponents forces.

Can a mod be made that allows RTS style gameplay? For example in the game Company of Heroes, you spawn on map with a headquarters, build a base and units, capture & hold objectives and resources ect. I could be into that style of game if it used CM2. An alternative could be a reinforcement system that allows a player to receive two or three waves of troops in a match, and sort of spontaneously decide what those troops are when the option to reinforce becomes available.

It might be a little gamey and/or impossible to make, but what the hey ya know. Recon would be more involved if you could choose your reinforcements based on what you could see of your opponents forces.

Hmm...your very brave asking for that on here;). This is a game the strives for realism and I'd say 99.9% of players play the game\sim because of that. So it's very unlikely it will happen even if it was possible. Reinforcements are already in game if the scenario maker puts them in. You get what your given though. In my eyes and probably a vast majority of people here what you want would really take the game down several pegs or so and no longer be Combat Mission.

Stppenwulf is right, you have much better chance of modding CoH to make it more realistic than mod CM to make it less.